Wednesday 5 June 2013

Neverheard in PDX

"there just really aren't enough singing lesbians around..."

hey, would you mind publicizing this event on your blog? If that’s not something you want to do I totally understand. Thanks, and love the blog!

Our upcoming concert, Chick’n Soup for the Lesbian Soul…(Vegan Friendly),  will take place Sat, February 2nd, 7:30pm at the Rose City Park United Methodist Church 5830 NE Alameda St., 97213  This concert, our first with our new director, Paul Zona, will feature several songs that tell of our love of  food and fun with culinary delights.  And as always, there’ll be complimentary sweets and nibbles at intermission for our audience and a dj’d dance to follow!!!  Tickets are onsale *now* via Ticketleap ($15 advance with $2 service charge) and by all PLC Choir Members, so get them early as we plan to sell out. The dance with DJ Lauren is included in your ticket price. More details at www.plchoir.org

@frictions: If you're around downtown, you can get a train or bus just about anywhere, it's just a matter of knowing where you want to go and the best route to get there. I use the max to go to work and the bus and the max to go downtown about 8 times a week, I'd say. It's nice because you can get month-long passes and use them as much as you want. You don't have to worry about gas or parking :)

Is it imperative to have a car to get around in Portland or is the public transport system comfortable enough for every day use? Thanks!

probably depends on your schedule/where you live/how likely you are to bike in the rain. biking seems just as reliable trimet, but i have a car so that's easy for me to say.

Portland really just doesn’t have enough DJ’s.

Portland really just doesn’t have enough DJ’s.

"i'm kind of over food carts"

"i'm kind of over food carts"

- never heard in pdx

The remodel of the hollywood fred meyer wasn’t inconvenient at all. 

The remodel of the hollywood fred meyer wasn’t inconvenient at all. 

Sandy Blvd. is underrated. 

Sandy Blvd. is underrated. 

I’ve never seen a prostitute on 82nd. 

I’ve never seen a prostitute on 82nd. 

"the blazers look promising this year."

"the blazers look promising this year."

- never heard in pdx

“I hate 94.7.” 

“I hate 94.7.” 

“‘Spendy’ is not a real word.”

“‘Spendy’ is not a real word.”

Never heard in PDX by Natives!

So glad my new neighbor from LA is a divorce attorney.

From the management: *sticks up for LA*

Fox 12 News is way better than KATU.

Fox 12 News is way better than KATU.

The IKEA at Cascade Station is never that crowded.

The IKEA at Cascade Station is never that crowded.

A (mostly) boozeless weekend guide to Portland!

http://www.examiner.com/article/a-mostly-boozeless-weekend-guide-to-portland

Hey! I'm not feeling snarky lately

So you should submit to this blog.

There’s no recycling cans around here…I guess I’ll just throw this glass bottle...

There’s no recycling cans around here…I guess I’ll just throw this glass bottle in the trash.

"What are you talking about? I always pay for the MAX!"

"i just need to run to the store to pick up some sunscreen."

"i just need to run to the store to pick up some sunscreen."

- never heard in portland

"why the fuck would i pick my own berries?"

"why the fuck would i pick my own berries?"

- never heard in portland.

No comments:

Post a Comment