Friday 7 June 2013

My Passionate Cause

Photo



Photo



Me and my gorgeous piece of man. :) I'm the one with the...



Me and my gorgeous piece of man. :)

I'm the one with the glasses. :) beyonseance.tumblr.com

And he's the one carrying me. :) 21-shots-in.tumblr.com

Conversation I heard in the club.

Shy Guy: Hey there..
Random Guy: Hey what's up?
Shy Guy: Nothing much, just wanted to say you are really cute.
Random Guy: Thanks dude!
Shy Guy: So, are you here with anyone?
Random Guy: Yeah, my girlfriend just went to the washroom.
Shy Guy: Oh God, I'm sorry, didn't know you were straight.
Random Guy: That's alright it's cool.
Shy Guy: You don't mind me calling you cute?
Random Guy: A compliment is a compliment no matter who it comes from.

"The New F Word" campaign takes on bullying

"The New F Word" campaign takes on bullying:

gaywrites:

This new organization isn't playing around when it comes to battling bullying. 

Friend Movement is a grassroots anti-bullying organization created by Ronnie Kroell and Elliot London and supported by celebrities including Adam Lambert, Frenchie Davis, and Tim Gunn. Its bold new anti-bullying campaign is "The New F Word," which literally gives a big f-you to bullies and hateful language.

"The New F Word" campaign evokes a strong message of self-empowerment by literally giving bullying "the bird," while encouraging youth to stop using words like fatty, freak, and faggot by choosing to be a friend instead.

Friend Movement plans to reach an impressive goal to shoot 10,000 photos in 90 days across 40 cities in hopes of raising global awareness of the anti-bullying cause.  Many stars have already participated in the campaign, including Adam Lambert, Tim Gunn, Darren Criss, and many more.

I have mixed feelings about this one. I am completely in favor of getting as many anti-bullying messages out there as we can, particularly when influential LGBT people can get involved and spread the word. That said, this kind of reminds me of the FCKH8 campaign, whose over-the-top vulgarity and rudeness in the name of marriage equality got really old really fast.

So basically, I love the idea, but I'm not sold on the advertising technique — it's hard for me to get jazzed about an organization that appears to be deliberately flipping me off. What say you?

fuckyeahgaycouples: Sometimes we like to go to target just to...



fuckyeahgaycouples:

Sometimes we like to go to target just to take silly pictures in the big mirrors. This boy makes me feel so incredibly good about myself, and we are always so goofy together and I can't even describe how he makes me feel. He's ma boy

sociolab: How Do You Describe Your Gender Identity? "I am a...





sociolab:

How Do You Describe Your Gender Identity?

"I am a transexual woman.  I am woman.  I'm a woman in my mind and in my soul.  No one is the guarantor of womanhood.  Those people who identify themselves as women are women to me- and I love my womanhood."

Bringing it back, because I loved this woman's commentary.

silly and sweet



silly and sweet

Photo



Photo



Photo



















Photo



Photo





I am pretty excited for pride this month

Cleveland typically has a pretty large festival :)

Photo



Photo







Photo



 



 

Photo



My fiance and me enjoying the weather since it's finally...



My fiance and me enjoying the weather since it's finally starting to feel like summer. We're trying to get back to taking pictures everyday for our blogs, which are linked below.

me // him

Submitted by: hilightning

No comments:

Post a Comment